Need UTI Advice / Treatment?
Please visit one of our stores*. No appointment needed.
We provide self-care advice and can supply antibiotics if needed, without you having to visit your GP for a prescription.
This UTI service offers a quicker alternative to accessing treatment, making life easier for you!
What is a UTI infection?
A urinary tract infection (UTI) is an infection in any part of your urinary system — your kidneys, ureters, bladder and urethra. Most infections involve the lower urinary tract — the bladder and the urethra.Who is at risk?
Women are at greater risk of developing a UTI than are men.What are the symptoms?
What are the causes?
- A strong, persistent urge to urinate
- A burning sensation when urinating
- Passing frequent, small amounts of urine
- Urine that appears cloudy
- Urine that appears red, bright pink or cola-colored — a sign of blood in the urine
- Strong-smelling urine
- Pelvic pain, in women — especially in the center of the pelvis and around the area of the pubic bone
Urinary tract infections typically occur when bacteria enter the urinary tract through the urethra and begin to multiply in the bladder. Although the urinary system is designed to keep out such microscopic invaders, these defenses sometimes fail. When that happens, bacteria may take hold and grow into a full-blown infection in the urinary tract.What can I do if I think I have a UTI?
Please visit your local M W Phillips Chemist, for advice and treatment
*England and Coventry stores