Hay fever is usually worse between late March and September, especially when it's warm, humid and windy. This is when the pollen count is at its highest!Have you got hayfever?
If you have any of the symptoms below, you may be suffering from hayfever.
How to treat hayfever
- sneezing and coughing
- a runny or blocked nose
- itchy, red or watery eyes
- itchy throat, mouth, nose and ears
- loss of smell
- pain around your temples and forehead
- feeling tired
There are many things you can do to ease your symptoms, such as:
- put Vaseline around your nostrils
- shower and change your clothes after you have been outside to wash pollen off
- stay indoors wherever possible
- keep windows and doors shutSpeak to your pharmacist!
At all our M W Phillips branches, we can give you advice on the best treatments, such as antihistamine drops, tablets or nasal sprays. Come down and speak to us